Tuesday, August 25, 2015

What Should I Do If I Fall At My Hotel?

Question: Is insurance or the company responsible for injuries sustained on their property and why?  I was walking outside on the grounds of the hotel and there was a piece of the sidewalk and pipe that was cracked. I tripped on it and injured my knee, ankles and arms. I had to have medical attention to both areas and have permanent scarring and am going through physical therapy because of my ankle break. Can I get compensation from the hotel or will insurance take care of it? Are they liable for this incident? If so, how do I file my claim?



Answer: The insurance will pretend to be taking care of you at first. But eventually they will say you were at fault because you didn't step over the crack.  Without photos, you have no chance of making a case you could take to court.  Even with photos, the time of day, weather conditions, drugs or alcohol. all are factors. Why did you fall?  Do you have witnesses?

The fact you fell is not enough to prove the hotel violated a safety rule.  What did they do or fail to do that justifies blaming them?

No comments:

Post a Comment