Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Debtor Wants To Sue Reposession Company For Lost Sun Glasses

Question: What actions can I take for missing items from a repossession?



My car was repossessed and I was able to reinstate the lease and get my car back. When I went to pick up my personal belongs a lot of my stuff were missing! One item in particular was sunglasses (of sentimental value). They listed the item in the inventory sheet but were not there when I picked up my personal belongings. I filed a report before I left the lot. They will not do anything about it. More than 15 items are missing as well. The repossession people did not make an accurate detailed list of inventory. I understand that items such as water and food would be thrown out but items such as cleaning cloths for my car, a new box of tea, unopened expensive soaps, and other items are missing.



Answer:  You can sue in small claims court and see if that gets them to move.  Proving all your losses will be the most difficult thing.  Your testimony may not convince the judge to award much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment