Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Can I Sue My Boss For Cutting Off My Finger?

Question: When I file my personal injury suit after a work injury do I have any limitations? Answer:  You have 30 days to give your boss or supervisor notice that you have been injured and one year to file a written claim for compensation in Montana. 

Question Detail: Do I have to file my claim under a certain amount of time if I lost my finger while working on a car in the auto shop I work at? My boss, who was working with me, was not paying attention when he was working the engine crane, and was who caused the accident. He was not paying attention, and was negligent.

Answer:  If your employer has complied with the Montana workers' compensation law by having a policy, then that is your exclusive claim.  You are not allowed to sue him for negligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment